How to Plan A Destination Wedding That Matches Your Design Aesthetic•
Posted on May 08 2023
Editor's Note - Our couples planning destination weddings in Mexico, Jamaica, Dominican Republic use wedding planning services to help organize their event. The team at Destify wrote this article to aid you in matching your destination wedding to your design aesthetic. Enjoy!
A destination wedding is a great way to celebrate your love in a way no one will ever forget. But one of the most important questions you shoulder is how do you make sure your wedding matches your personal style?
When it comes to planning a destination wedding, there are a lot of different factors to take into account. From the guest list to the budget, there’s a lot to think about. But one of the most important factors is the design. After all, this is your big day and you want everything to look great! Luckily, today’s industry trends make this easily accommodating.
If you’re not sure where to start, don’t worry. We’ve got you covered. Keep reading for our 5 tips for planning a destination wedding that perfectly matches your unique design aesthetic. Then we’ll break out our steps into further advice to make planning simple and easy.
How to Choose Your Wedding Aesthetic in 5 Easy Steps:
- Start by defining your design aesthetic. What are your favorite colors, textures, and materials? What kind of mood do you want to create for your wedding? Once you have a good understanding of your style, you can start to narrow down your destination options.
- Consider the natural beauty of the destination. If you love the ocean, choose a destination with stunning beaches. If you prefer mountains, look for a destination with snow-capped peaks. The natural beauty of your destination will set the tone for your entire wedding.
- Do your research. Once you've chosen a destination, it's important to do your research. This includes finding a venue that fits your style, as well as vendors who can help you create the wedding of your dreams.
- Don't be afraid to get creative. Destination weddings offer a great opportunity to get creative with your design. For example, you could incorporate local flowers or food into your décor, or you could hire a local artist to create custom pieces for your wedding.
- Most importantly, have fun! Planning a destination wedding can be a lot of work, but it's also a lot of fun. So relax, enjoy the process, and celebrate your love with your closest friends and family.
Determining Your Wedding Style
Determining your wedding style is a great place to start when it comes to designing your aesthetically-friendly destination wedding. Whether it’s a classic vintage-themed wedding or a modern beach-themed wedding, it’s important to decide on a style that you love and that you can see yourself getting married in.
Start by browsing online to find inspiration for your dream wedding. Look for wedding blogs, magazines, and wedding websites for ideas. Consider your personality, the location of your destination wedding, and the overall atmosphere you want to create. Do you want a relaxed, rustic vibe or a modern, sophisticated atmosphere? By having a clear idea of your wedding style, you can then focus on the details that will make your destination wedding unique.
Finding A Venue That Fits Your Aesthetic
Finding a venue that perfectly complements your design aesthetic is a crucial part of planning a destination wedding. When you have chosen your dream wedding style, search for venues that can match it. Consider factors such as size, setting, and the overall atmosphere.
Most destination weddings offer several venue options. From an art deco vintage ceremony to a royalty-themed ballroom reception, the options are endless. When selecting a venue, make sure it fits your style. If you are planning a rustic beach-themed wedding, opt for a beachfront venue with a boho-chic vibe.
It’s also important to consider the convenience of the venue for you and your guests. If some of your guests are older, look for a venue that is close to their hotel or the transportation hub. Make sure the venue can accommodate your wedding size and budget. You should book a tour of the venue before you make your final decision to ensure it’s the right match.
Incorporate Your Style into Every Last Detail
Your design aesthetic is what sets your wedding apart from other weddings. Incorporate your style into each and every detail, from the Save The Dates to the table linens. This will ensure that your guests are immersed in your theme from start to finish.
For instance, if you’re having a romantic beach theme wedding, you can incorporate beach colors (baby blues and sandy tans) and a touch of coral. Small touches like these can make a huge impact on the overall wedding design.
You can also use your own unique style in everyday elements like escort cards, table cards, and favors. Find a way to customize the items to match your wedding themes, such as adding a textured print or a unique motif designed with your initials or with a symbol important to you as a couple. You can even have custom tablecloths and runners made or integrate the colors of your dream destination into the wedding decor.
How to Select Your Wedding Invitations
Your wedding invitations are the first peek your guests will have into your wedding style, so it is important to choose one that complements your design aesthetic.
Here are some tips for selecting the right wedding invitations for your design aesthetic:
- Start with your wedding theme - Your invitations should reflect the overall theme of your wedding. For example, if you are having a rustic wedding, you may want to choose invitations that feature natural textures and colors.
- Choose your color scheme - Your wedding invitations should reflect the color scheme of your wedding. If pastels are your thing, select an invitation with muted colors of blues and greens for a calming effect. If you’re going for a bold, dramatic look, choose a bright invitation with bold colors.
- Consider the paper - The paper you choose can set the tone for your wedding. If you want a classic and elegant look, choose a high-quality paper with an embossed or letterpress design. For a more relaxed and casual feel, opt for recycled paper or even textured paper.
- Choose fonts that match your personality - The fonts you choose say a lot about your personality. If you're more traditional, a serif font is a great option. If you want an informal and playful look, consider a handwritten, cursive font or even a funky abstract one.
- Personalize your invitations - One of the easiest ways to make your wedding invitations reflect your design aesthetic is to add personal touches. You could add a photo or illustration of your wedding venue, or simply use unique wording that reflects your personality or chosen destination.
Remember, your wedding invitations are the first impression guests will have of your wedding. Taking the time to choose invitations that are both beautiful and reflective of your design aesthetic can truly make a difference in the overall feel of your wedding celebration.
How to Bring it All Together
When planning a destination wedding, the last thing you want is to leave any of your wedding details unfinished. Bring it all together with a cohesive plan to ensure you properly cover all wedding essentials.
Start by making a detailed wedding checklist that covers the venue, catering, decorations, and other planning necessities. Your checklist will help you keep track of all the details, like if you’ve already locked down a caterer or a vendor. Check your checklist often and make any changes as needed.
You should also make a destination wedding timeline for your wedding day. Layer it in with each individual detail leading up to the ceremony. Leave yourself some extra time for unforeseen events; it’s better to be overly prepared than underprepared.
At the end of the day, though, your goal is to have the perfect wedding day that’s 100% unique to you. Keep your design aesthetic in mind and be creative in incorporating it into all the details of your planning. Destination wedding planning can seem overwhelming but with a cohesive plan and creative touch, you can achieve your authentic design aesthetic.
Best Luxury Passpor...
Discover how to design custom passport wedding invitations that add a touch of international flair and excitement to your wedding. Explore the a...Read More
Luxury Wedding Stat...
Experience unparalleled elegance and sophistication with Cartalia Studio, your destination for exclusive luxury wedding stationery custom-made for...Read More
5 Reasons Why Carta...
Bespoke Invitations Add a Personal Touch When it comes to your wedding day, every detail matters. By choosing Cartalia's bespoke wedding invitation...Read More